Thursday 21 November 2013

Kennedy Bag entry for Sew Mama Sew Competition

So this week I decided to download the Kennedy free bag pattern by Sara Lawson at Sew Sweetness as my sister had asked me to sew her just this kind of bag. She wanted a large shoulder bag with a flap over the front that she could use for work. Well it just so happens that over at Sew Mama Sew they are running a competition (ends December 13th 2013) to sew any bag using a pattern from Sara's new book, Big-City Bags, or the free pattern available on her website. Bonus! I get to make my sister the bag she wants, take a few photo's of it for the competition and all from a free pattern.

And here is the finished item









I didn't add the internal divider pocket but did include the large zipped internal pocket. It has a magnetic snap fastener under the flap, the buckle straps make a nice decorative finish. The fabrics are cotton poplin from the local market with heavy weight fusible interface attached. A nice sized bag for work, college or school that is fashionable as well as useful. The pattern printed onto A4 size paper and the written instructions had full colour photo's to follow, couldn't be easier.

Really enjoyed making this bag, a nice change from sewing children's clothes. Definitely think I will be making more of these!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments